20 Things that Inspires me. What Inspires You? By Angel Ojukwu.
According to Merriam-Webster, inspiration is something that makes someone want to do something or that gives someone an idea about what to do or create. Nevertheless, I think and believe that there is much more to this word than what the dictionary states. Inspiration is something that motivates you to be better and do better.
Different things inspire different people. There is so much inspiration in this world and I think it is important that we start to highlight the things that inspire us versus the things are destroying us. I just want us to take the time to understand one another. Figure out what inspires you. Think about what questions you can you ask one another in order to learn more. It’s time to inspire and become inspired.
I would say God is my greatest inspiration because I know He has reasons for forming me. In this world, I will say my greatest inspiration is my parents before any other thing or person(s). I am making them proud and I will continue to make them proud 😊. I don’t want to disappoint them, not in any way.
So, without order or priority here is a list of things and people that inspire or have inspired me in my life. I hope that maybe they inspire you too and that you’re as lucky as I am.
- Love: In any and all circumstances, love is a wonderful thing. The support, respect and magic that it provides never fails.
- Community: When a group of people comes together because of they like something, believe in something, support something or want to create the positive change I am inspired and want to be part of something great as well.
- My Friends: No matter where I have lived in my life I have had great friends around me. They have helped me through tough times and celebrated with me in good times. They have shown me the kind of love that exists through respect and mutual adoration.
- Music: I love music, so much. Great songs move people. The creativity and talent that it takes to make music amaze me in a wonderful way.
- Charity: There are a lot of people who need help in our world and there are a lot of people out there doing their very best to give it to them. Every time I see someone working hard to create change or make life better for people I am inspired and honoured to be part of the things that I can be.
- Perseverance: Life is not easy, every one of us has our stories. It knocks us down and drives us backwards. But when people decide that they won’t let that stop them, when they pick themselves back up and move forward towards their dreams and goals – that’s inspiring!
- Leadership: Great leaders bring something to the table that you sometimes can’t put your finger on. Their passion and trust and respect and ability to bring people together and get them to work towards a common goal is amazing.
- Sport: I’m not talking about sports individually. I’m not talking about hockey or baseball or basketball, I’m talking about the spirit of sport – the perseverance and drive and desire and hard work that it takes to be the best and compete and practice to be better because you love something.
- People Who Smile At Strangers: I don’t really know how to explain this one. It just is. I know nobody is in the mood to smile all the time. But people who have smiles available when they pass strangers on the sidewalk – they are awesome.
- Teachers: I can’t even imagine what it would have been like to teach me and my classmates back in the day. Good on the people who choose to dedicate their lives to help us learn something.
- Volunteer Coaches: Whether you coach hockey, baseball, basketball, football, volleyball, swimming, debate, chess, tennis or track & field – you inspire me. Much like teachers, it takes something special to want to give your time to a bunch of other people’s kids and help them to become better at something. It takes time and heart and patience that not all of us have.
- Emergency Service Professionals: Police, Fire, – whichever. If you put your life on the line on a daily basis to help protect and save lives you are a story of inspiration. And I thank you for everything that you do.
- Beauty: I’m not talking about people as an example. I’m talking about the little things that are beautiful. Flowers and sunshine and the way nature present pictures to us in real life that sometimes can’t be translated into photographs or paintings.
- Dreams: I’m talking about the kind of dreams that people work towards in their life. Travel and careers and homes and creating things – seeing people go after their dreams is inspiring.
- Faith: I don’t necessarily mean religion, although that is part of it. I mean the ability to have faith when times are hard. Faith that right will win. Faith that the sun will rise and life will move on and things will be okay in some way, somehow, even when it doesn’t seem like it at the time. That is inspiring.
- . Farmers: They are often unappreciated. They work hard. They don’t get rich. They provide the food and fuel that we need to survive. I’ve seen it first hand and it’s pretty awesome when you put it in perspective.
- Survival: The fact that I have to do all I can to survive motivates me. When times get hard, the people who survive and triumph and never give up are more amazing than they know.
- Happiness: You know that look on someone’s face when they are smiling and their eyes are bright and their body language is open and jovial – that full-on happiness is inspiring to see. It’s infectious. It’s awesome.
- Clarity: Those moments when all the thoughts of the world and your job and stress and life just disappear and you can think about the bigger picture and what’s important in your life. I’m thankful for those moments and what they bring. There is an inspiration to be found in those moments.
- The Internet: It’s true that it’s not all made up of cat videos and rainbows and hugs – but even still, the internet is so full of possibilities and information and amazing things that I can’t help but be inspired by it.
There we have it, a list of 20 things that inspire me in my life and make me want to live it the best that I can for me. That means something different to all of us, and that’s totally okay. Be inspired!
We can continue to inspire each other and live great lives.